Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Disaster Results Blessing in Disguise!

I came home from work today, not feeling too well (as I've been a bit under the weather since Sunday) only to open my bedroom door to see my closet in shambles. If you know me at all, I've been on this organized/neat freak kick ever since moving out (when I lived on campus) and thus sticking with it since returning home in December.

Well, apparently from weight & multiple earthquakes (my assumption here) the rack that holds all of my clothes and storage stuff, decided to take a dump today. Here's a picture.

So you're probably wondering what the blessing in disguise is. Well, since everything came tumbling down, I had to obviously pick it all up to get the rack out, so we can put a new one in. I have this bag, that I've used to keep special/important papers in. But knew it was very old. I decided what the heck, I'll go thru it. Well, in it I found 2 very important letters. They were scholarship letters! Of $ I had earned during my youth bowling leagues. At first I was upset, because I've obviously graduated college & didn't use them. I continued reading this letter, to find out the monies don't expire until 6 years from my high school graduation date. This year makes 4 years since then, so it's still good!!!!!! But, I'm no longer in school - bummer. Except, if I can show a receipt that I used $ to pay for tuition, books, etc. they can reimburse me. Wahoo, Jeni is getting $130.58. Hey, it's not a whole lot - but it will do. I'm not complaining!!