Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Nick names

Where did nicknames come from? That, I do not have the answer to. But I've been thinking lately - when I'm bored in traffic on my way home from work - about the nicknames we come up with, or the ones others come up with for us. It's rather interesting if you think about them long enough.

Some that I have for others are:
Bestie/Miss/Melisha (Melissa)
FAB 4 (Beck, Jenn, Brit & Me)
Aunt Chicken Legs (Aunt Joyce)
Butt face/Jerk face (only she knows...)
Outlet (Mike)
Blove (Beth)
Hannah-bear (Hannah)
Courtknee (Courtney)
Sister (Amanda)
My Michelle/Meesh (Michelle L.)
Shello (Michelle M.)
Peej (Jenni)
Jena the Jew (Jena)
Little B (Shannon)
MoPo (Marissa)
Punkin (Jadyn Rose)
Fiance (Missy)
New BFF (Ashley)
PCP (can't go into details)
Mr. Gorgeous (code name)
Mr. Delicious (code name)
Oe-Oe-O (code name)
My Bachelor (Matt)
Speef/Spouse (Brit)
Beckysita (Becky)

Those are just some...I'm sure there are others, but at 12:49 am, I can't think of too many.

Some that people use for me:
Bestie (Melissa)
Jen (Mom & Debbie)
Jennay (Forrest Gump style)
Pumpkin (Bradley)
Jeni Lee (Family)
J Dogg (Becky & Robdogg)
Jenifur (Angie only!)
Jenilove (Lindy Nachelle)
Sweetie (Jimmy, I hate it if anyone else says it though...)
Lotsa B (Shannon)
Jeetie (Dad)
Big Foot (Dad)
JeniMick (Marissa)
Fiance (Missy)
New BFF (Ashley)

That's all I have on nicknames. If someone knows the history of where "nicknames" came from, you let me know. And I'm sorry if I have a nickname for you and didn't list it here. Like I said, it's almost 1 am, and I'm not the brightest bulb in the box right now.

1 comment:

Beth said...

interesting thought. i love the use of code name, good call on those =)